Doctors Get Alarming Results After Parents Bring In Baby Who Is Lethargic

Two former Arizona TV news anchors rushed their 8-month-old baby to the hospital only to be charged with felonies for causing their child to become lethargic and unresponsive after ingesting cocaine through breast milk.

According to MailOnline, Som Lisaius, 42, and Krystin Sorich Lisaius, 26, brought their daughter to the hospital after she became limp and her eyes rolled into the back of her head after breastfeeding.

The couple then left the hospital against the facility’s orders because they didn’t want their child’s blood to be drawn.

They did, however, agree to have her transferred to another facility where they again refused any toxicology tests for their child.

Child welfare and officials were called in and the tests were eventually conducted and showed cocaine in the baby’s system. It was even found in her hair and urine analysis. The parents also tested positive.

Police said Krystin never told the hospital she used cocaine the night before and continued to breastfeed her child at the hospital.

According to MailOnline, she originally denied using cocaine and said she didn’t know how the baby was exposed to it, then eventually admitted to using it with her husband while hosting a get together the night before.

She didn’t think the baby would still be harmed 12 hours later. The husband then later admittedly to using the drug and seeing his wife do the same.

Police found 1.59 grams of cocaine at their home, a scale, two other bags of cocaine and rolled-up dollar bills and cards with residue at their home. The parents were charged with child abuse, possession of a dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia.

They plead not guilty in court.

Update: After eventually pleading guilty to child endangerment, the couple received one year of probation and a suspended 30-day jail sentence. In addition, Som was sentenced to 100 hours of community service, while Krystin was sentenced to 20 hours.

Source: Daily Mail, Tuscon.com
Photos: Twitter via Daily Mail, Facebook via Daily Mail

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

Tampons are a fact of life for many women, and few of us ever consider that the product we use monthly could ever be dangerous. One model was...

A young school girl decided to turn entrepreneur in her Wisconsin school, and she started selling 'water snake wiggly' toys. The teacher initially...

A Manhattan woman bought some clothes from Zara in Greenwich, Connecticut last July and hung them up in her closet. She put on one of the outfits...

When one California mom had enough of her daughter's tardiness and feet dragging in the mornings before school, she used her imagination to come...

A size 12 dress buyer from Scotland is criticizing European fashion titan H&M for their “irresponsible” clothing sizes when she could only fit...

Latest Fab Stories

In an amazing story out of the UK this week, we hear about a three-year-old toddler who saved his dad's life by force-feeding him chocolate...

Crystal Harrington, 22, works as a health aide during the day. Yet, the single mother was hoping to make extra money by becoming a waitress at...

A woman from England was going on about her daily business and everything seemed fine. The young woman first noticed something unusual one night...

A Vietnam veteran in Ohio passed away, but his family didn't tell anyone about his death. For several months, they kept the man's body in their...

Photos of one couple showing an incredibly tender and touching moment have gone viral. The photos were taken by their son and show their last...