Quantcast

It's An Unfortunate Situation, But It's Hard Not To Laugh When Boy Honks

A little boy from Argentina did something that every parent worries about: he swallowed an object unintentionally. This kind of situation can be serious, and thankfully the boy didn't choke on the object but he did land in the emergency room. While his affliction is concerning, it's also humorous.

The 8-year-old boy from Tucuman has a strange side effect after he accidentally swallowed a piece from a toy horn: he toots when he breathes.

The child had been playing with a toy horn when the noise-maker plastic piece dislodged and he accidentally swallowed it. It got stuck in his throat. While the plastic part didn't obstruct his breathing, when he did breathe, the squeaking horn part would honk.

"The whistle was stuck between the larynx and the pharynx,” said Dr. Santiago Gomez Zuviria, the doctor who treated the boy.

Zuviria filmed the boy in the emergency room, and every time the child breathed out, he sounded like a baby goose in distress. Thankfully, the doctor was able to remove the foreign object from the boy's throat with some local anesthesia, and no permanent damage was done.

“His mother was more scared than he was,” Zuviria said. “It was a tragi-comic situation, to be honest. I never seen or heard about a case like this in my life.”

Zuviria posted the video to Facebook stating that, even with the funny sound, swallowing things can be extremely dangerous. The post went viral, not for the doctor's warnings, but for the boy's laughter-inducing tooting.

It was not the first time this ever happened to a child. One mother had posted a video of her young daughter on YouTube. The girl was sitting on a table at the emergency room and her mother instructed her to breathe out while she filmed.

When the girl exhaled, she honked like a goose as well.

Another child was taken to the emergency room because he swallowed the plastic squeaker in his dog's toy. When he would breathe in or out, he would squeak like a baby chick. The kid was making himself laugh when he was breathing.

In another YouTube video, a small boy in a wheelchair squeaks like a little mouse with every breath. He swallowed a whistle, but thankfully he made a full recovery.

One dad on YouTube had to really rub it in as his son was on the gurney.

"So Max has to go to children's hospital to have the squeaky toy removed that I warned him was going to get stuck in his throat, and he was going to start squeaking like the little guy on 'Toy Story'."

Sure enough, Max's squeak sounded just like the fictional rubber penguin in the film 'Toy Story 2', after he got his broken squeaker fixed.

Poor Max looked very put out by his father's ribbing. He may get rid of the squeak and be fine, but it doesn’t sound like he’s ever going to live it down.

Source: HuffPost, Daily Dot
Photo: Santiago Gomez Zuviria

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

The tax-reform legislation that Republicans are pushing would be a “banquet” for rich Americans and large corporations, the top-ranking Democrat...

Four teenage skateboarders, hailing from Calgary, Canada, have been commended for their bravery and quick-thinking after their decision to...

Two dollars doesn’t go all that far these days, but once in awhile an intriguing deal pops up for such a small sum. Folks on the streets of New...

Parents of students at Ipswich’s Piper’s Vale Primary Academy have slammed the school after it began a new ‘wet play’ policy. According to the...

Teenagers have a reputation for testing boundaries and bending rules. Most people think that teenage mischief is largely innocent. However, a...

Latest Fab Stories

If you put something out there on the interwebs, it never really goes away. Somewhere and somehow, inappropriate things manage to spring back to...

Jimmy Kimmel says a lot of Republicans just won’t let their hate for former Democratic Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton die down. The talk...

Erin Lee Macke has been dubbed ‘America’s Worst Mom’ after she left her four children, a 6-year-old girl, a 7-year-old girl and 12-year-old twins...

An Australian woman, 29-year-old Leah Debono, has died from cancer just three months after she married the love of her life, Ben Debono. Before...

Philip Marshall, a 46-year-old man from Eccles, Greater Manchester, has been praised and criticized after his ‘romantic gesture’ left him...