Quantcast

Dad Ignored The Warning, And His Baby Almost Died In His Arms

A Canadian dad had some stuff to do in the kitchen, so he popped his infant daughter into the high chair and gave her a snack. He turned around for a second to rinse a dish, and when he turned back he saw his daughter was in distress. She could have died, and the dad realized his big mistake.

Justin Morrice gave Annabelle some Gerber Lil' Crunchies snacks out of the can, and the baby was choking. Her lips were already turning blue and the baby was in a panic. “She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out,” Morrice later wrote on Facebook. “I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms."

Morrice, who was trained in infant CPR, was able to dislodge the obstruction from Annabelle's throat and get her breathing again. The two spent some time huddled together, crying and shaking.

When both father and daughter calmed down, Morrice went to check the snacks. He read the can and found a warning label that said contents should be thrown away after five days. He popped open a fresh can and marveled at the difference in consistency.

“The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug... the ones in the new can crumbled with ease," he explained.

“This is not a post to degrade Gerber in any way. So many products post warning labels but … you can get lazy as parents,” Morrice said. He wants to remind parents to read those labels. They're there for a reason.

Morrice's post went viral, and Gerber applauded the dad for his reminder. “As part of our process to continually improve, we consider consumer input when we design our products, labels and educational materials,” the company said in a statement. “We will include this feedback into that ongoing process.”

Source: US Magazine
Photo: LoveThisPic

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

President Donald Trump and the mainstream media have been at war since the presidential election. Trump has time and time again attempted to...

A California couple were arrested for starving and torturing their 13 children after one teen escaped and reported the abuse. The Riverside County...

For parents of small infants, it can be incredibly tough to get back to the grind and head back to work. Unfortunately, finances rule the day in...

For victims of domestic violence, it’s pretty common for them to feel as though they are trapped with nowhere to go. While it’s impossible not to...

Love triangles rarely end well, and that’s not a lesson that can only be learned by digesting an endless diet of bad reality television. It’s like...

Latest Fab Stories

A family in Oklahoma is suffering a traumatic loss after a 3-year-old girl was killed by their new dog. The father had just bought the dog from a...

A man happened to be passing by the University of Maryland Medical Center when he witnessed a horrific sight. He saw some guards from the hospital...

On Monday, the first family boarded Air Force One in Florida, and the 'sunshine state' was experiencing an unusual burst of bad weather. It wasn't...

When Olympic medalist McKayla was inspired by the #MeToo movement, she shocked the world by revealing that she had been sexually abused by her...

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. While that age-old sentiment may sound hokey and corny, getting more people on...