Quantcast

Dad Ignored The Warning, And His Baby Almost Died In His Arms

A Canadian dad had some stuff to do in the kitchen, so he popped his infant daughter into the high chair and gave her a snack. He turned around for a second to rinse a dish, and when he turned back he saw his daughter was in distress. She could have died, and the dad realized his big mistake.

Justin Morrice gave Annabelle some Gerber Lil' Crunchies snacks out of the can, and the baby was choking. Her lips were already turning blue and the baby was in a panic. “She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out,” Morrice later wrote on Facebook. “I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms."

Morrice, who was trained in infant CPR, was able to dislodge the obstruction from Annabelle's throat and get her breathing again. The two spent some time huddled together, crying and shaking.

When both father and daughter calmed down, Morrice went to check the snacks. He read the can and found a warning label that said contents should be thrown away after five days. He popped open a fresh can and marveled at the difference in consistency.

“The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam ear plug... the ones in the new can crumbled with ease," he explained.

“This is not a post to degrade Gerber in any way. So many products post warning labels but … you can get lazy as parents,” Morrice said. He wants to remind parents to read those labels. They're there for a reason.

Morrice's post went viral, and Gerber applauded the dad for his reminder. “As part of our process to continually improve, we consider consumer input when we design our products, labels and educational materials,” the company said in a statement. “We will include this feedback into that ongoing process.”

Source: US Magazine
Photo: LoveThisPic

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

Guilty pleasures. We all have them, whether it’s thumbing through the pages of a tabloid magazine, or sitting down with a big old snack to watch...

One of the most terrifying things a parent can experience is looking at their child and noticing something is very wrong. One mom experienced this...

A family boarded a plane in Washington D.C. and flew back home to Texas. On the flight, the young boy asked for his mother's IPhone and began...

During his overseas trip, President Donald Trump made a stop at the holocaust museum in Israel. He made sure to mention what an amazing time he...

One Pennsylvania dad isn't going to be up for any father of the year awards after leaving his three children home alone. The dad wanted to visit...

Latest Fab Stories

As some people explained it, the slap heard round the world happened this week in plain sight. President Donald Trump is in the midst of his first...

A man who murdered a father of two in a bar fight will spend the rest of his life behind bars. Before facing his sentence, he had to face his...

Monica Lewinsky finds herself back in the spotlight in a big way this week, but this time it’s because of something she wrote. The former White...

Parents are told to make sure to use sunscreen on their babies to prevent painful burns. One parent tried to be conscientious and applied a...

When a baby was born with a rare genetic disease, doctors told his parents he probably wouldn't survive to see 10 years old. They were told there...