Pink Shamed For Having Son Too Close To Stove

It was a simple home moment caught in a picture, and Pink posted it on Instagram. "Dinner time," she wrote in the caption, not expecting it to garner much attention. Criticism came pouring in though, and Pink was 'mommy shamed' for putting her children in a precarious position.

The mother of two posted the photo of herself cooking with her kids. Her six-year-old daughter kneels on the counter and Pink wears her six-month-old son. Both watch intently as pink tosses vegetables in a pan over a stove burner.

Moms across the internet freaked out.

"Cute photo but please don't cook wearing the baby. I've read some really horrific stories about terrible accidents that have occurred doing this," said one commenter.

"Personally I wouldn't hold my child in front of me while cooking, I'd hold them to the side away from the flame and anything popping up at me but that's her child and if an accident happens that's hers to go through," said another.

"It's dangerous, simple as that," one person said.

All the comments weren't negative, however. Many people rushed to defend the Grammy award-winning singer.

"I can't believe the shaming," commented one person. "What would you people rather her do? Have her son cry in another room while she cooks? At least she is cooking for her family and not getting takeout or a maid to do it. When you run a busy life you have to do what you have to do! I see absolutely nothing wrong with this."

"I'm here to tell you I have six children, all who help me cook, none that have had an accident and many of which have been in a baby carrier when I have to get the job done. They're alive to tell you some of our best times are cooking together," said another.

Pink has been an outspoken supporter of attachment parenting, which involves keeping children close to ensure they form a secure attachment and feel safe. This often involves wearing babies in harnesses or slings.

Some of the critics may have a point. Baby-wearing mother Molly Landis says she usually wore her baby while cooking, but by a miracle of fate, the child fell asleep in a swing and she went to the stove alone that night.

"I was involved in an accident where my stove burner exploded and sent a fire ball to my face, neck and chest. This caused open wounds and burns to my face and chest," Landis wrote in a Facebook post. "...The worst of my burns is to my chest — exactly where her precious little head would have been laying if she were in her carrier."

Wherever there are moms, it seems, there will be mommy wars. And mommy shaming is just a simple fact of life, especially in this day and age when we’re letting perfect strangers into our lives by sharing intimate home photos.

Best thing to do is just ignore the advice you don’t like and move on. Advice is like elbows—everyone has them.

Source: Pop Sugar, Glamour
Photo: Pink/Instagram

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A Latina woman trying on a dress in a JC Penney store in Hayward, California discovered she wasn’t alone in the dressing room when a scorpion fell...

A woman in Hopatcong may still be upset about her divorce. The woman was ordered to pay $186 per week in spousal support, and she's very...

There was a time when people kept photo albums for their precious memories. Now, we have Instagram. One young couple on a date at a football game...

Carmen Mendez said she thought about not posting the pic on Thanksgiving, but decided to go ahead since it was a day to give thanks. A few days...

Vietnam Veteran Gary Dixon has Stage 4 lung cancer after being poisoned by Agent Orange while fighting for his country. Now he can’t even get...

Latest Fab Stories

A Florida barber played a joke on a 10-year-old customer in which he pretended to cut the child's ear off. The kid was freaking out in the chair...

A woman used a rather unseemly excuse to avoid work, and now she's paying the price.

In 2015, Caroline Boyle began telling her colleagues...

There is an old saying: "Beware of ex-lovers bearing gifts."

And if it's not an old saying, it should be. If you thought Greeks bearing...

Kathy and Bill Gunn waited nine long years to open a wedding gift. The gift was a white box from Kathy’s great Aunt Alison with an envelope that...

Looking for a job can be a pain, and there is nothing more disheartening than getting a rejection from a prospective employer. No one wants to...