8-Month-Old Was Having Trouble Kicking A Fever - Doctors Can’t Believe What They Found In His Throat

It seems that an eight-month-old baby had a small coin stuck in his throat for an amazing 37 days before it was discovered.

EJ, of Long Beach, California, was suffering from a 103-fever and a rash on his stomach. The energetic baby had become withdrawn and listless, his mom Samantha Knox relates.

Knox states that she took her son to several doctors, all of whom said his symptoms were from a viral infection and did not locate the penny in his throat.

Knox said she finally decided to go to a children's hospital, and there an X-ray showed an image of the coin in the boy's esophagus.

The penny was removed in an operation, and Knox claims it was corroded when she received it.

“This very small object could've potentially been the worst outcome for my son,” she told local media.

Knox said she doesn't know how the coin got stuck in EJ's throat. The symptoms stretched back more than a month.

Knox argues the penny should have been found sooner, and has filed a complaint with the Medical Board of California against Healthcare Partners, the provider who failed to find the coin despite five visits.

Knox is also seeking reimbursement of her medical bills and for the time she had to take off work.

“I was diligent, I was committed to ensuring that my son's health was my highest priority and I didn't feel as though anybody else considered those facts,” Knox noted.

Healthcare Partners, who didn't find the coin was stuck in EJ's throat when she brought him, explained to the media. “Anytime a patient brings a concern to our attention we examine the facts surrounding the issue. There are times however when a claim simply does not align with the facts.”

The Medical Board Of California is apparently working with Knox to take on the case against Healthcare Partners.

Source: MailOnline
Photos: YouTube Screenshots

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

Tampons are a fact of life for many women, and few of us ever consider that the product we use monthly could ever be dangerous. One model was...

A young school girl decided to turn entrepreneur in her Wisconsin school, and she started selling 'water snake wiggly' toys. The teacher initially...

A Manhattan woman bought some clothes from Zara in Greenwich, Connecticut last July and hung them up in her closet. She put on one of the outfits...

When one California mom had enough of her daughter's tardiness and feet dragging in the mornings before school, she used her imagination to come...

A size 12 dress buyer from Scotland is criticizing European fashion titan H&M for their “irresponsible” clothing sizes when she could only fit...

Latest Fab Stories

In an amazing story out of the UK this week, we hear about a three-year-old toddler who saved his dad's life by force-feeding him chocolate...

Crystal Harrington, 22, works as a health aide during the day. Yet, the single mother was hoping to make extra money by becoming a waitress at...

A woman from England was going on about her daily business and everything seemed fine. The young woman first noticed something unusual one night...

A Vietnam veteran in Ohio passed away, but his family didn't tell anyone about his death. For several months, they kept the man's body in their...

Photos of one couple showing an incredibly tender and touching moment have gone viral. The photos were taken by their son and show their last...