Teen Goes To Camp, Dies 2 Days Later - Then Parents See His Body

Parents received devastating news when they learned that their son had died while away at camp.

The parents of an 18-year-old boy in China sent their son to an internet addiction camp to deal with his issues. They would receive a horrific phone call 48 hours later informing them that their son was dead.

As the Daily Mail shares, the camp has since been revealed to be illegal and has been shut down.

The parents spent 22,800 yuan to send Li Ao to the camp in Anhui province under the understanding that the camp would use psychological counseling to work through his issues. The parents were concerned that their son spent an inordinate amount of time online, and he showed little interest in anything else.

“The centre was called Hefei education and the site had some so-called success stories. I saw that my child's situation is almost exactly the same as these stories,” explains Ms. Liu.

Based on what she understood, the camp used both physical training and psychological counseling to ward off the addiction, as opposed to extreme measures. There are some serious questions swirling about that right about now, as the parents were stunned to find that their son was covered with injuries.

“My son is full of scars from head to toe,” Ms. Liu added. “On the afternoon of August 6, a forensic team inspected my son's body and found that along with the external injuries, there are also some internal injuries.”

The Mail passes along additional details on the school and nothing alarming jumps off the page.

“The website of the centre claims that it is a 'quit addiction school' and can help 'save lost children'. Teachers and students eat and live together and the children are not allowed out of the teacher's line of sight,” the Mail reports.

“The site also promises not to scold or preach to the children. It was revealed on August 9, that the school was illegal. It has since been closed down by the local government. The head of the school and four coaches have been detained while the case is investigated further.”

What that investigation will reveal is anybody’s guess, but it’s quite clear that something is seriously amiss here. As such, there’s a ton of unanswered questions hanging in the air.

Exactly how did their son sustain so many injuries? Did the parents visit and observe the school in action prior to signing their son up?

“Internet boot camps are controversial in China. There are plans to ban them due to past cases of teenagers being brutally abused and tortured during their time there,” the Mail adds. “Last year, a teenager murdered her mother after she was sent to an internet boot camp. According to Chinese media, the girl had been abused during her stay.”

As such, you would assume that parents throughout China would be incredibly wary of so-called internet boot camps moving forward. That should apply to parents across the world as well, as a child should never be sent out for any kind of counseling or treatment before the parents vet the place in question to the absolute best of their abilities.

Source: Daily Mail
Photos: Ah News, YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A lot of people will tell you that looks are superficial, but the fact is, how we look on the outside is often a reflection of how we feel about...

A Good Samaritan in Virginia plans to deliver 30,000 meals to the homeless before she turns 30, according to a recent media report. Moreover, she...

One small town in Colorado is lucky enough to have a community member who brightens everyone's day with a good chuckle. Vince Rozmiarek of Indian...

Something a cartoonist said in his weekly drawing offended a major advertiser. Next thing the artist knew, he was out of a job.

Rick...

One mother in Kentucky came home to find her teen son blew off all his chores and wasted the day away being lazy. She gave him a punishment in...

Latest Fab Stories

A set of twin brothers from Arizona who both aspire to be actors thought that they may have a better shot in Hollywood if they looked more like a...

A man stopped at the grocery store to purchase a few food items and diapers for his family on the little bit left over from his weekly salary. He...

A man named Mike left a waitress a $3,000 tip on a bill for $43.50 last week.

“This woman had been serving us for almost a year now. She’s...

One man had an experience at Burger King while enduring a splitting headache. He posted his story to Reddit about when he was in a long line at...

Kayla Miller noticed that a coworker got a gorgeous bouquet of flowers delivered to her desk several times a year although she didn’t have a...