Teen Goes To Camp, Dies 2 Days Later - Then Parents See His Body

Parents received devastating news when they learned that their son had died while away at camp.

The parents of an 18-year-old boy in China sent their son to an internet addiction camp to deal with his issues. They would receive a horrific phone call 48 hours later informing them that their son was dead.

As the Daily Mail shares, the camp has since been revealed to be illegal and has been shut down.

The parents spent 22,800 yuan to send Li Ao to the camp in Anhui province under the understanding that the camp would use psychological counseling to work through his issues. The parents were concerned that their son spent an inordinate amount of time online, and he showed little interest in anything else.

“The centre was called Hefei education and the site had some so-called success stories. I saw that my child's situation is almost exactly the same as these stories,” explains Ms. Liu.

Based on what she understood, the camp used both physical training and psychological counseling to ward off the addiction, as opposed to extreme measures. There are some serious questions swirling about that right about now, as the parents were stunned to find that their son was covered with injuries.

“My son is full of scars from head to toe,” Ms. Liu added. “On the afternoon of August 6, a forensic team inspected my son's body and found that along with the external injuries, there are also some internal injuries.”

The Mail passes along additional details on the school and nothing alarming jumps off the page.

“The website of the centre claims that it is a 'quit addiction school' and can help 'save lost children'. Teachers and students eat and live together and the children are not allowed out of the teacher's line of sight,” the Mail reports.

“The site also promises not to scold or preach to the children. It was revealed on August 9, that the school was illegal. It has since been closed down by the local government. The head of the school and four coaches have been detained while the case is investigated further.”

What that investigation will reveal is anybody’s guess, but it’s quite clear that something is seriously amiss here. As such, there’s a ton of unanswered questions hanging in the air.

Exactly how did their son sustain so many injuries? Did the parents visit and observe the school in action prior to signing their son up?

“Internet boot camps are controversial in China. There are plans to ban them due to past cases of teenagers being brutally abused and tortured during their time there,” the Mail adds. “Last year, a teenager murdered her mother after she was sent to an internet boot camp. According to Chinese media, the girl had been abused during her stay.”

As such, you would assume that parents throughout China would be incredibly wary of so-called internet boot camps moving forward. That should apply to parents across the world as well, as a child should never be sent out for any kind of counseling or treatment before the parents vet the place in question to the absolute best of their abilities.

Source: Daily Mail
Photos: Ah News, YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

Some people just see a bunch of clothing displays hanging from the rafters at one Walmart store. Others see something far more sinister.

A...

After bullies stole his shoes, one Ohio boy had to wear his grandmother’s shoes to school the next day. And because of this, he was taunted and...

One dad was badly shaken when his baby girl was choking. He says he wishes he didn't get lazy about reading labels, and he warns other parents to...

School kids are always going down to the nurse's office for minor injuries and illnesses, or to try and get out of class once in a while. But one...

It’s amazing what modern medical science can do – if you can find the right doctor. Chris and Kirstin Stallings of Kansas City had been married...

Latest Fab Stories

Cindy O'Hara posted some photos of her two-year-old son playing with a gun. She shared the photo with a few private Facebook groups for parents...

Two women stopped to check out a vehicle in the middle of the roadway that raised some red flags. They found a man passed out in the driver's seat...

Unfortunately, racism is still very common in many parts of the US, and the consequences can be heart-wrenching.

A sweet girl in Memphis...

Almost two months ago now, Frank Hemani, the owner and manager of the Star Mart gas station in Lake Fork, near Emory, Texas began offering a...

A mom in Boise was upset by a note that complained about her 10-month-old son screaming in a restaurant. The manager asked the diners who wrote...