Teen Rushed To Hospital With Stomach Pains - Doctors Find Out He Eats Plastic

A teen boy in India began complaining about stomach pains, and things got so bad that he was brought to the hospital. Doctors did a scan expecting to find a more common condition, but they were stunned by what turned up. The young man was rushed into surgery because he had two pounds of debris in his stomach.

Arjun Sah shocked his doctors when they found his stomach was stuffed with more than two pounds of wood and plastic bits. Doctors did an endoscopy exam on him and found the materials inside of his body. Sah has undergone two surgeries so far and will have to undergo more to get out the remaining bits of debris.

According to his surgeons, the bits of debris had formed a tight knot and were creating a blockage in his digestive tract. Not even a drop of water could have passed through the block.

“The boy was brought to us in the nick of time,” Dr. Gagandeep Goyal said. “Any further delay could have become fatal for the boy.”

Doctors learned from Sah that he had a secret addiction. He liked to chew on shards of plastic and chicks of wood. His family knew he liked to chew on things when he was little but said they were never able to get him to stop.

“Whenever we spotted him eating rubber, we would stop him from doing so, but he wouldn't mend his ways," said Gurmeet Sah, the boy's father, to SWNS. "Away from our sight, my son continued ingesting these items. As time passed by he became addicted to this, but never complained of any problem."

The family thought that their son grew out of putting foreign objects into his mouth, as so many young children do. Unfortunately, however, Arjun just got better at hiding his compulsive behavior.

"We thought the boy has grown up and kicked the habit by himself but that was not the truth. One and a half years ago, Arjun first complained of stomach pain. Since then he has been suffering from acute stomach ache. We took him to several doctors, but nobody could diagnose what was the actual problem of the pain,” said Mr. Sah.

The father is glad that they got the boy to the hospital in the nick of time. "Around a week ago, his condition started deteriorating after he complained of breathlessness and stopped eating altogether,” the father added. “I am thankful to the doctors that saved the life of my son."

Now that the boy's stomach is taken care of, doctors are prescribing counseling. They believe the boy needs therapy to help him kick the dangerous habits he has developed. If he doesn't, he might find himself back in the hospital, or even worse. Next time, it might be too late to save him.

Sah might have an eating disorder known as Pica. With this disorder, people have insatiable cravings to eat certain non-food items.

Source: Inside Edition
Photo: YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A lot of people will tell you that looks are superficial, but the fact is, how we look on the outside is often a reflection of how we feel about...

A Good Samaritan in Virginia plans to deliver 30,000 meals to the homeless before she turns 30, according to a recent media report. Moreover, she...

One small town in Colorado is lucky enough to have a community member who brightens everyone's day with a good chuckle. Vince Rozmiarek of Indian...

Something a cartoonist said in his weekly drawing offended a major advertiser. Next thing the artist knew, he was out of a job.

Rick...

One mother in Kentucky came home to find her teen son blew off all his chores and wasted the day away being lazy. She gave him a punishment in...

Latest Fab Stories

A set of twin brothers from Arizona who both aspire to be actors thought that they may have a better shot in Hollywood if they looked more like a...

A man stopped at the grocery store to purchase a few food items and diapers for his family on the little bit left over from his weekly salary. He...

A man named Mike left a waitress a $3,000 tip on a bill for $43.50 last week.

“This woman had been serving us for almost a year now. She’s...

One man had an experience at Burger King while enduring a splitting headache. He posted his story to Reddit about when he was in a long line at...

Kayla Miller noticed that a coworker got a gorgeous bouquet of flowers delivered to her desk several times a year although she didn’t have a...