Little Girl Has Month Long Rash Due To Using BathBomb Soap In Tub

It was bath time for one little girl, and she threw a fizzy bath bomb in the tub to make it fun. That horrible mistake resulted in nasty, painful rashes.

The company that made the bath bomb is perplexed by the reaction, but the mother is trying to warn people.

Mom Leanne Keating bought her daughter some Wilko's passionfruit and watermelon bath bombs. Her daughter had never used a bath bomb before, and the mother thought it might be a nice treat.

The large bath tablets color the water and create an effervescent effect, which many people consider fun and relaxing.

Her daughter Tia used the bath bomb and there didn't appear to be any problems, but five days later she developed a nasty rash. At first, Keating was afraid Tia had contracted meningitis.

She conducted the meningitis rash 'glass test' to see if the rash would fade under pressure, and it wouldn't. Keating rushed Tia to the hospital to see if she had the bacterial infection.

Health care experts at the hospital checked Tia out and, thankfully she didn't have anything as serious as meningitis. The rash wouldn't go away, though. The doctors concluded that Tia suffered a severe skin reaction.

Tia's rash persisted for over a month. Keating said, "The rash started off on her tummy, and it's moved up to her neck, it's on her face, a bit of her arms and between her thighs now as well.... It just keeps getting worse. Her skin is really itchy. It's really affecting her self-esteem. She just won't come out of her bedroom, she's really low about it."

The entire incident has disrupted Tia's life. She isn't even in school due to the terrible rashes; her work is being sent home. Her mother said a 'medically trained' friend had asked her if Tia used any different products, and the bath bomb was the only thing the mother could find.

"I'd say people shouldn't use these bath bombs, even if you don't have sensitive skin. The labelling should have a warning," Keating.

A Wilko spokesperson said the bath bombs comply with Cosmetic Product Safety Assessments. They're investigating.

Source: Cosmopolitan
Photos: Instagram, Wilko's, MaxPixel, Pixabay, Mtaylor848/Wikimedia Commons

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A man stopped at the grocery store to purchase a few food items and diapers for his family on the little bit left over from his weekly salary. He...

A video of a hospice worker trying to bring some comfort to his dying patient has gone viral. Not only did the man show he has a good heart, but...

A Seattle Seahawks fan was at a game one night when the team was playing the Oakland Raiders. The person got a little distracted from the game,...

We’ve all heard stories about people finding hair, bugs, spit or even a rat inside their fast food. One Michigan mother is furious over the fact...

Chris and Dreama Richards spent their entire dinner at a restaurant in Rocky Mount, West Virginia on their cell phones. But they had a very good...

Latest Fab Stories

When Holly Lewis, a 21-year-old single mom, began suffering from a backache and stomach pain, she immediately realized something wasn’t right....

A single mother thought she was leaving her two sons in good hands when she dropped them off at their day care center. She went off to work and...

A video taken at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is getting a lot of attention, but this time it's not for women modeling underwear. The models...

A 63-year-old woman from China claims that she's pregnant. That in itself would be a medical miracle, but this woman decided to add even more...

According to police in Salem, New Hampshire, two moms were so drunk at a local mall last week they were “barely able to stand” and unable to care...