Baby Nearly Chokes On Snack - Then Dad Sees The Message On Her Snack Can

One dad was badly shaken when his baby girl was choking. He says he wishes he didn't get lazy about reading labels, and he warns other parents to be more vigilant.

Canadian dad Justin Morrice posted his experience on Facebook, and it's been going viral. He explains that his daughter Annabelle was choking on a Gerber Lil' Crunchies snack. He turned around to rinse a dish in the sink, and by the time he turned back she was already in distress.

“She was trying to cry but no sound was coming out,” Morrice shared. “I thought my little girl was going to die in my arms,” wrote Morrice.

The baby's lips were already turning blue and it was a terrifying moment. Thankfully, the dad had taken infant CPR training. He was able to dislodge the food from Annabelle's throat and get her breathing again.

After the incident was over and Annabelle was comfortably sleeping, Morrice tried to figure out what had happened. “I was confused as she ate them days before with no problem,” he wrote. “After scanning the can my mom found this ‘warning’ in tiny letters... to throw contents out after 5 days of breaking the seal.”

He opened a fresh container and compared the old crunchies to the new ones. “The ones in the can she choked on I can only describe to be like a foam earplug... the ones in the new can crumbled with ease.”

“This is not a post to degrade Gerber in any way. So many products post warning labels but … you can get lazy as parents,” Morrice explained. He's hoping the post spreads all around the world to remind parents to read those labels.

A Gerber spokesperson applauded Morrice for his reminder. “As part of our process to continually improve, we consider consumer input when we design our products, labels and educational materials,” the statement read. “We will include this feedback into that ongoing process.”

Source: USA Today
Photos: Facebook/Justin Morrice

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

A man stopped at the grocery store to purchase a few food items and diapers for his family on the little bit left over from his weekly salary. He...

A video of a hospice worker trying to bring some comfort to his dying patient has gone viral. Not only did the man show he has a good heart, but...

A Seattle Seahawks fan was at a game one night when the team was playing the Oakland Raiders. The person got a little distracted from the game,...

We’ve all heard stories about people finding hair, bugs, spit or even a rat inside their fast food. One Michigan mother is furious over the fact...

Chris and Dreama Richards spent their entire dinner at a restaurant in Rocky Mount, West Virginia on their cell phones. But they had a very good...

Latest Fab Stories

When Holly Lewis, a 21-year-old single mom, began suffering from a backache and stomach pain, she immediately realized something wasn’t right....

A single mother thought she was leaving her two sons in good hands when she dropped them off at their day care center. She went off to work and...

A video taken at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is getting a lot of attention, but this time it's not for women modeling underwear. The models...

A 63-year-old woman from China claims that she's pregnant. That in itself would be a medical miracle, but this woman decided to add even more...

According to police in Salem, New Hampshire, two moms were so drunk at a local mall last week they were “barely able to stand” and unable to care...