Girl Makes Emotional Video On YouTube Explaining How Product Made All Her Hair Fall Out

A lot of young girls like to experiment with different hair colors and bleaching. Everyone knows that processing hair like that, especially when you're doing it at home, comes with some risks.

Usually, people think the worst that can happen is they'll end up with the wrong color, or very dry hair and split ends. One girl explained it can get so much worse.

Hannah Forcier faced her audience on YouTube to share her devastating experience. The vlogger posted a video in which she was wearing a hoodie with the hood covering her head.

She said she started dying her hair a year earlier by making it pink, and has experimented with a couple of different colors since then, but she was not prepared for what happened on October 10.

Hannah, who had a full head of long hair, went to the drug store to get a hair relaxer in hopes it would improve her look. After playing with hair color for a while, there had been some damage. But Hannah didn't realize she picked up the wrong product.

The product she bought was not supposed to be used on bleached or processed hair. Unfortunately, Hannah didn't read the warning labels carefully enough. She slathered up her hair, then later went into the shower to wash it out.

As she began running her fingers through her locks, she felt the hair clumping up. Large chunks of hair were falling down her back and splashing into the tub. It seemed to never end and the young woman was in shock.

She ran to a salon and they said there was nothing they could really do to help her with her lost hair, or cover the damage. All that was left to do was shave off the remnants and wait for it to grow back.

In tears, Hannah whipped off her hood to show off her nearly shaved head.

Thankfully, hair grows back. Hannah is a beautiful girl, and can pull off the shaved head look as well as other women like Sinead O'Connor and Demi Moore, so at least she's in good company. She's been documenting her experience, such as the first time she was able to go to a salon and get her hair styled, and her efforts to help her hair grow more quickly and to keep it healthy.

However, despite how it's quickly being put in her past, it was quite a shock to the young woman. Just about anyone, male or female, who enjoys wearing their hair long and playing with it can probably relate to that kind of heartbreak.

On the flip side, it could have been much worse. Hannah could have suffered from some kind of allergic reaction to the product and landed in the hospital instead of in the salon.

It’s a good cautionary tale, though, that people who enjoy doing their hair themselves should keep in mind. Be careful of the products you use, read the labels, heed the warnings, and follow the safety precautions. You and your hair will be glad you did.

Source: Little Things
Photos: Hannah Forcier/Instagram, YouTube

Tell Us What You Think

More Fab Stories

Goldie Hawn has been married twice, but she’s just not sure the third time is the charm. In fact, Hawn believes the reason her relationship with...

A mother in Queensland, Australia is an extended nurser. Though she's faced some criticism, she says she refuses to cave to it and will continue...

Kelly Dirkes was carrying her adopted baby daughter around Target when a woman allegedly criticized her for carrying the infant, who she said "...

Timothy D. Blake, 28, of Mineral Wells, West Virginia, has been charged as the man who has grossed out a dozen women in Marietta, Ohio who claimed...

A North Carolina teenager who went missing over five years ago has been located in Ohio after apparently assuming a false identity and starting a...

Latest Fab Stories

A man named Jeremiah Nichol is happy to share a story about the nurse who gave a small measure of joy to his grandma in her final days.

...

A mother was starting to feel frustrated with her life. After she was let down in trying to get her 10-year-old special needs son into a program,...

When a Texas man heard from an ex-girlfriend that he had a 15-year-old daughter he never knew about, he was eager to meet the girl and do the...

Husband and wife Colby (29) and Ashley Grace (30) thought they had a big enough family of four children after the birth of their daughter Paisley...

A California public school teacher saw a seven-year-old boy sharing notes with other students during lunchtime, so she reprimanded him. However,...